Kumi Now online sessions restarted on Tuesday 1st February with the first in our new ‘Palestinian Innovators’ series. These sessions, which take place on the first Tuesday of each month, will hear from upcoming and influential Palestinians. On the third Tuesday of each month we will hear about possible solutions to the situation in Palestine.
• Lord, as we begin a new series of Kumi Online sessions, grant those involved, the knowledge and understanding to lead the programme. Grant those attending ears to hear, and hearts to act for a just peace. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
On Saturday, 29th January , Sabeel international held a service of thanks for the life of Archbishop Desmond Tutu. The service, on Zoom, was very well attended and Sabeel are thankful to all those who attended to celebrate the life of Archbishop Tutu, a former patron of Sabeel.
• Lord, we are grateful for all of those who led, took part in, and attended the celebration for the life of Archbishop Tutu. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
On Sunday 30th January, Friends of Sabeel France held an online session concentrating on the situation of Christians in Palestine and heard about the situation on the ground.
• Loving God, we are thankful for the ongoing support for Friends of Sabeel France and all friends of Sabeel around the world. Grant that these sessions serve to deepen the understanding of the plight of Christians in the Holy Land. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
On Friday, 29th January, Daoud and Daher Nassar from the Tent of Nations were attacked by a group of 15 men carrying clubs and other weapons. Daoud and Daher were both hospitalised with head injuries following the assault.
• Lord, our prayers are with the Nassar family, and especially with Daoud and Daher, as they recover from this attack. Bless the Tent of Nations as they strive to live on their farm and seek the way of peace as they ‘refuse to be enemies’. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
13-year-old Lujain Alqattawi is a finalist in the Time Magazine Kid of the Year competition. Lujain, an American Palestinian, began to teach Palestinian refugee girls in her community to speak English and has created a programme with the aim of healing Palestinian refugee girls to achieve their dreams.
• Lord, we are blessed with young people such as Lujain, who are using their time, talents, and youth to help others. Grant them support and strength as they continue to make the world a better place for all. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
On Saturday, the 23rd of January a group of lawless Palestinians attacked Archimandrite Ioustinos, the caretaker of the Church on the site of Jacob’s Well in the city of Nablus. He suffered medium physical injuries. This attack is not the first one, as it happened several times in the past. The Palestinian Authority promised to bring the persons who did it to justice but until now no one was arrested.
• Lord, at Jacobs well you engaged the Samaritan woman and showed us how to build bridges and connections. Lord, empower the community of our troubled land to continue their steadfastness and solidarity with each other. God, grant the people of Nablus your living water to have security replace fear and let love triumph over hate. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.
• We join with the World Council of Churches in their prayers for the countries of Algeria,Libya, Morocco, Western Sahara, and Tunisia. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayers.