Eilaboon is an Arab Palestinian village inside Israel. The village is located on the far west-side of the Sea of Galilee. It is inhabited by Christians and Muslims, with a population of 5000 people.
The village was occupiedby the Israeli forces on October 30th 1948. A massacre took placeafter the village surrendered.
The inhabitants of the village were forced to abandon the village on foot heading North. After 50 days, the people returned gradually, as part of an agreement between Archbishop Hakim and the leader of the “Arab Sector” in the Israeli Foreign Ministry. The village remained under Martial Law until 1966.
Sabeel organized an educational tour to the village of Eilaboon.